Hot Dog Skeletons * Eric Sommer * Hide in the Shallows * Austin Thompson
From the Band Gas Pump Talent from Springfield, Mo
With a fusion of 90's acoustic rock, indie rock and some metal influences, Hide in the Shallows brings you an acoustic unique sound.
Originally from the spring-forever land of Costa Rica, Allen Arias is the singer and songwriter of this solo project. Back in the early 2000's he played for different rock bands in Costa Rica but after he moved to the states in 2006 he started to write his own songs. He is currently recording his full length album.
"After years as founder and guitar player for Boston power-pop cult band The Atomics and tours with The Dead Kennedys, Gang of 4, Mission of Burma and Nick Lowe bands Bram Tchaikovsky, Wreckless Eric and so, so many others like Chris Smithers, Sarah Watkins, John Hammond and Jon Dee Graham; Eric has come full circle back the roots he knows so well and does with such remarkable skill and clarity. An admirer of David Bromberg, Leon Redbone, Taj Mahal and Joe Pass and schooled by Steve Howe (YES) and Mic Goodrick (Gary Burton Quartet, Pat Metheny), this show will make you a believer, too..." Des Burleigh | Sonora News Dispatch
"Eric Sommer... one of the coolest acts in rockdom...!"
- cynthia price, Dishtowel Music (September 11, 2011)
"Eric Sommer is the Badass King of Americana... hands down!"
- Mike Utley, MidWest Music Press (July 1, 2011)
"Wanna hear a smokin' hot guitar player?"
- Bill De Young, Savannah Connect (july 2011)"Eric Sommer, acoustic guitar superhero, joins T Model Ford at The White Water Tavern...
- John Tarpley, Arkansas Times (May 18, 2011)"eric sommer, one of the most mind-blowing acoustic guitar players in recent memory, comes to little rock, arkansas..."
- john tarpley, arkansas times (Jan 26, 2011)" Anyone who’s been in need of a fix of spectacular, percussive and virtuosic guitar work can rest easy: Eric Sommer’s coming to town; One of the finest American guitar players on the road today Eric’s truly an American original"
- Jim Reed, Savannah Connect (Jan 03, 2008)
WHAT IN THE HELL DOES IT SOUND LIKE?
That's a good question... It's a combination of acoustic stuff - slide, overtones, feedback... crisp and clear fingerstyle guitarin', a lot of open tunings and things that lean all the way over to a raw, indie/pop/punk sound. That's for the music, then the songs, well, after 15 years on the road it's clear there's a lot of material for a wide variety of ballads, "she tore my heart out and stomped that sucker flat" songs, dance driven pop, some odd tuning swamp rock stylings... "but in the end it's just me, trying to get it right, just trying to make a difference..." eric sommer 2011