2012 Luminaria Tour
A New Mexico Family Tradition
Adults - $3.00
Honored Citizen (62 years or older + disabled) - $1.70
Children (ages 10-17) - $1.70
Children 9 and under - free
Sorry, NO refunds or Exchanges.
From I-25 travel west on Dr. Martin Luther King Blvd., drive past Broadway and take the first left into the EAST Parking Structure. Parking is FREE in this facility to those attending the 2012 Luminaria Tour.
*Parking for disabled and special needs individuals available at the parking lot located at northwest corner of 3rd Street and Marquette.
Take a magical ride with on ABQ Ride's Luminaria Tour.
Enjoy an annual New Mexican tradition without worrying about parking, driving through snow, annoying traffic delays or wasting gas. Let ABQ Ride take you through a twinkling wonderland in Old Town, a festively-adorned Albuquerque Country Club and other hot spots decked out for the holiday like the Los Altos neighborhood.
2012 Tour Schedule
- Six tours originating from the Downtown Convention Center will be held Monday, Dec. 24, 2012 at 5:20 p.m.; 5:45 p.m.; 6:10 p.m.; 6:50 p.m.; 7:15 p.m. and 7:40 p.m.
- Starting at midnight on Friday morning, Nov. 23, tickets will go on sale.
Bring the entire family to enjoy this ever-growing family tradition. Come and join the fun!
A humble craft transforms Albuquerque and the Southwest each Christmas Eve.
What are Luminarias?
Luminarias are brown paper bags containing votive candles for light and sand for weight. Every Christmas Eve, thousands of them line the streets of Albuquerque with their low, ethereal light.
Luminarias have been a New Mexican tradition for generations.
- Paper lunch bags
- Votive candles
- Utility lighter or fireplace match
- Fold down the edges of the paper bag
- Add enough sand to hold the bag down
- Add a votive candle
- Use a fireplace match or utility lighter to light it